Search This Blog

Life

Friday, April 30, 2010

Time Flies





Well, it seems like only yesterday....
but of course, it wasn't.

I am approaching my 50th birthday at what suddenly seems like the speed of light.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how it's happened! The number 'does not compute' and certainly does not match the age I think I am. (I'm not sure exactly what that age is...maybe about 35? 40?....but certainly not 50!)

Nonetheless, it is a milestone birthday and will be celebrated as such.
I've been working on the celebration for a while now and it's been quite a nostalgic trip--finding images of my childhood in my dad's slide collection and selecting highlights from my own to compile into presentations and posters--a retrospective of those 50 years. Me. The people. The places.

Hard to believe I was the baby, little girl and adolescent in those pictures!
Hard to believe I've been to so many places!
Hard to believe I've shared so much with so many!

(Sigh) Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment